Personal Umbrella Policy Highlights
- Offers coverage above and beyond what your homeowners, auto, and boat insurance would provide.
- Adds a layer of protection for your other policies.
- Designed to give you more liability coverage in the event of a lawsuit or devastating loss.
When You Would Want a Personal Umbrella Policy
- You own a car. You can be held liable for medical fees, vehicle repairs, legal fees, and pain and suffering when you cause an accident.
- You have a teen driver on your auto policy. Compared to other age groups, teens are more likely to get in car accidents.
- You own a home. A guest can sue you if they’re injured on your property.
- You have a pool, trampoline, or other “attractive nuisance” that creates a larger risk for injuries to guests on your property.
- You own a boat, motorcycle, snowmobile, or ATV.
- You own a dog.
Reasons to Choose a Personal Umbrella Policy
Personal umbrella coverage activates after you’ve exceeded the limits of other policies. It could also cover you for liabilities such as libel, slander, false arrest, or invasion of privacy.
Umbrella policies are available in various amounts and help protect your assets and future earnings from being lost in a lawsuit. Plus, the coverage is incredibly affordable!
Your local, licensed Pekin Insurance agent will help you set up a personal umbrella policy that fits your needs and budget.