COVID-19 HELPFUL INFORMATION
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has created a lot of uncertainty throughout the world, but we want to assure our customers that we are doing everything possible to ensure you continue to receive the excellent service for which Pekin Insurance is known. We hope that you and your family are staying safe during this unprecedented time. Following are some Q&As we thought you would find helpful.
What if I have been laid off and am unable to pay my insurance bill at this time? Pekin Insurance has been able to delay payment due dates and continue your coverage in force. At this time, however, it is necessary for us to collect premiums once again in order to avoid a termination in coverage. The date upon which you must begin premium payments varies according to the state you live in (see below):
Within seven (7) days after the date above that applies to you, Pekin Insurance will mail you a Notice of Policy Termination letter. This letter will indicate the minimum amount due as well as the due date to avoid termination. We certainly expect that many of you will not be able to pay off the past due amount in full at one time, therefore, simply give us a call, and we will be happy to discuss payment options.
Contact us at 800-322-0160:
• Extension 2499 for Personal Insurance
• Extension 3927 for Business Insurance
• Extension 2718 for Life Insurance, Annuities or Medicare Supplement
• Or contact your local Pekin Insurance agent directly
Please note that we must hear from you before your coverage ends to make any special arrangements.
- How can I access my policies? Personal Lines and Life Insurance customers can use the customer portal, My PI, to obtain policy information and documents. Payments for all policy types can be made online at http://www.pekininsurance.com/customer-center/pay-a-bill/.
- Are the Pekin Insurance claims teams working at full capacity? Our claims teams are fully operational and ready to assist! As usual, Property & Casualty claims can be called in at 888-734-4611 or filed online at http://www.pekininsurance.com/customer-center/file-a-claim/. We ask that all Life and Annuity claims be called in at 800-371-9622.
- I’m hearing a lot about more Identity Theft cases recently. Is Pekin able to help me with this exposure? During times like this it is unfortunate that hackers try to take advantage of the situation to steal identities. We would like to remind you that many of our policyholders have coverage for Identity Theft with Resolution Services. This coverage is automatically provided to all Pekin Life Insurance Company policyholders and, additionally, to any of our Homeowners policyholders who have the Deluxe endorsement, V.I.P Home Guard endorsement, or Identity Fraud Expense Coverage endorsement. Click here for more details on this coverage.
- Do you have any helpful guidelines on how to properly re-open my business? Below is a list of authorities such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) that may assist in developing plans to resume or expand operations.